Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another one bites the dust


Marti is officially my child. I thought for sure that Emersyn would be the first in a cast, she seems a lot more clumsy.

It was about 8:30 at night and Marti had just put on her princess pjs she was busy twirling like a princess when she fell. I knew as soon as she fell and looked up at me that she had broken her arm, there was just something about the look on her face. Kory and I took her to the ER where they did an x-ray and confirmed it was broken just past her wrist (luckily past her growth plate).

Marti was so good the whole time at the ER, didn't cry once, the only thing she was concerned about was getting a "poke" (a shot) so she told every orderly, nurse, x-ray tech and doctor she saw not to give her a poke.

P.S. Note the purple cast....obviously I didn't get a say in what color she picked.

3 comments:

Momcob said...

I love the very appropriate somber face. Marti makes me laugh.

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

Poor thing! We were in the ER the same night with Taylor & her head. I totally know what you mean. I thought Logan would be the one in the ER this spring but nope, Taylor's been 2x's this spring.
I hope she doesn't have to have it on much longer.

Stephanie said...

It was so great to see all of you!! Loved being with your girls--they are so beautiful!!