Sunday, May 31, 2009

What to do with Emersyn

Subtitle: It's raining vomit.

Poor Emersyn, I am not sure what to do with her anymore. We are having another bad episode where she can't keep any food or liquid down, it started on Tuesday and who knows when it is going to stop. I have tried all sorts of different foods and liquids, but without fail she will eat something and then usually within 10 minutes she has thrown it up. It has gotten to the point now that she is so hungry that she is just exhausted and sleeps a lot.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to give her I would be happy to hear them.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Have you taken her in to make sure she isn't dehydrated?? That is so sad. Will she eat those pedialyte popsicles? We haven't had something that bad forever. Good luck...

Stephanie said...

Hey Tawnia--I'm going to call my pediatrician and see what she has to say. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all of this. (She's in our prayers, too!)

Momcob said...

My only suggestion is maybe a new pediatrician. Could it be connected to her tonsils? Who knows, but it sounds like something is not working right. I would try to keep her hydrated, which is hard.

Karen said...

good luck! I wish there was something I could offer, but we will keep her in our prayers. I agree with your mom, consult with a new doctor.

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

deffinately make sure she is hydrated like Michelle said. My friends son a two days ago got so dehydrated from playing outside, he didn't drink anything all day. Then he started throwing up non-stop & then fell asleep and wouldn't wake up. He ended up in the hospital dehydrated. Yours may be different but keep her hydrated. It just doesn't sound normal, maybe a new pediatrician if they aren't doing anything about it. A child throwing up like that & not having a stomach bug isn't normal. Good luck, let me know if you want my pediatrician's name.