Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Aluminum Anniversary

Kory and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in March, that's right we are now in double digits. We were able to take a long weekend away without the girls so we took a trip down to Las Vegas. We went to LOVE, the Beatles show, it was excellent. I fulfilled a bucket list item by going to the Hoover Dam, we took a dam tour that I found fascinating. I think Kory probably liked it too. We ate delicious food, stayed up late, walked until our feet hurt, tried to stay away from the weirdos on the strip (seriously, WOW), and had a really wonderful time.

We ate dinner one night in an English pub, they had famous quotes on their place mats and I found one that I think sums up Kory perfectly;

The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse. --Jules Renard

I think that is one of the things I love most about Kory, he is self assured enough to not need to please anyone. I hope the girls inherit that trait from him...heck I hope some of it rubs off on me.

Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments: