Monday, August 9, 2010

It's the most horrible time of the year.


The day that I had been dreading for 5 years has happened, Marti has started Kindergarten. I know that lots of parents look forward to the day that their kids go to school but I am not one of those people. I miss Marti, she has been going to school for less than a week and it is only 3 hours a day but it feels like an eternity. I did pretty good the first day, dropped her off with no problems, but when she got home she was sitting having a treat and she looked up at me with her big beautiful face and said "Mommy I missed you a hundred million" the flood gates opened and I started blubbering like a baby.

Luckily my bad attitude hasn't rubbed off on her and she is having a really good time, she was really excited when she found out they have recess (uh oh).

4 comments:

JamieG said...

what a preppy

Stephanie said...

Oh man!! I hear ya! I dread school starting--and to send that cutie, I'm sure, has even been harder! It hit me today that Carter will be in school ALL DAY and I totally cried. She looks so adorable!

Momcob said...

Ok, so I guess it is a little sad. Where is that "little red box" when you need it!

Michelle said...

She started already?? I think I would be okay, but Brin has all day Kindergarten....Marti looks adorable of course! Should I admit that Brin has a similar outfit for the first day of school? Miss you guys!!