Everything you want to see back east is about 2 hours from Jon and Michelle's house, I'm not kidding everything, so we decided we would go to Washington DC for 1 night. We stayed at the JW Marriott right downtown (fancy), our room was on the 2nd floor so Marti and Emersyn thougth it was fun to sit by the window and watch all the action on the street.
We went to the Air and Space Museum (really cool) and then walked past the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial. I was kind of disappointed with the state of The National Mall, it needs some serious fertilizer and maintenance. I thought the coolest thing was the Lincoln Memorial.... until we got kicked out because there was a bomb threat (yikes). We tried to walk past the White House, which is not as easy as you would think to find, and when we finally got there they shut the sidewalk down for security reasons so we couldn't get very close. It was still cool to see, even from a distance.
Kory's favorite part was going to the Museum of Natural History, he liked the dead animals and I liked the diamond and precious stone gallery.
There is so much to see there we will have to go back, hopefully when the kids are old enough that we can go to the adult attractions, i.e. Arlington and the Holocaust Museum etc.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment